Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Clear entire dispatcher cache on AEM Cloud

Level 6

Folks,

Is there a way to clear entire dispatcher cache at a time on AEM as a cloud service 

Our requirement is to clear entire dispatcher cache instead of clearing it based on individual Paths

__PRESENT

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AMANATH_ULLAH 

I hope you are considering both dispatcher and CDN.

For dispatcher cache, the cache can be cleared by running webtier pipeline. Which is deploying your code again.

For CDN, you can raise Adobe support ticket. They can clear all CDN cache. FOr resource-based CDN cache flush, they can provide you a key. This key can be used with Curl command.

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 5

I think running a webtier pipeline clear the dispatcher cache on cloud.
Otherwise you can create something custom as mentioned here https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/con... 

Level 6

@h_kataria 

The link mentioned by you can clear cache for individual paths

I am looking for a solution to clear entire dispatcher cache in AEM cloud at once without specifying paths

Level 5

Yes, because as far as I know, there is no direct way to clear complete dispatcher cache apart from running the webtier pipeline. All other custom solutions provide path based invalidations only. One can also think in that direction if there are some specific paths which one has to target which can achieve the required goal in which case a custom solution like SCD or replication APIs can be implemented as clearing entire dispatcher cache is rather a rare scenario. 

hi @AMANATH_ULLAH ,

Is it possible to give a try by sharing the root path set in the CM to flush the entire dispatcher cache?

Thanks,

Anil

@Anil_Chennapragada 

Can you provide more details on where can the path be set in cloud manager to clear dispatcher cache

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@AMANATH_ULLAH 

I hope you are considering both dispatcher and CDN.

For dispatcher cache, the cache can be cleared by running webtier pipeline. Which is deploying your code again.

For CDN, you can raise Adobe support ticket. They can clear all CDN cache. FOr resource-based CDN cache flush, they can provide you a key. This key can be used with Curl command.

Aanchal Sikka

Level 6

Thanks @aanchal-sikka 

Is there a way to flush entire dispatcher cache in AEM cloud programmatically without running the pipeline ? 

Community Advisor

@AMANATH_ULLAH 

I am not aware, if its possible.

If you facing scenarios for complete dispatcher flush frequently, you should review Dispatcher caching strategy. It is also discussed on https://cqdump.joerghoh.de/2024/06/12/my-view-on-manual-cache-flushing/ , 

Aanchal Sikka

Administrator

@AMANATH_ULLAH Did you find the suggestion helpful? Please let us know if you require more information. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you've discovered a solution yourself, we would appreciate it if you could share it with the community. Thank you!  

Kautuk Sahni