Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

[ERROR] Filter root's ancestor '/apps' is not covered by any of the specified dependencies.

Level 4

I am trying to upgrade content  package plugin from 0.0.24 to 0.5.24. When trying to build code with upgraded version, I am getting below build errors:

[ERROR] Filter root's ancestor '/apps' is not covered by any of the specified dependencies.

My filter.xml looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<workspaceFilter version="1.0">

<filter root="/apps/foo"  />

</workspaceFilter>

Anyone experienced this issue or knows on what could be the reason here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you problem due updating existing archetype with new version, but not sure. Can you try 0.5.1 working for me. I tried both latest 0.5.24 and 1.0.2 versions with archetype 11 not working for me as well.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

Could you problem due updating existing archetype with new version, but not sure. Can you try 0.5.1 working for me. I tried both latest 0.5.24 and 1.0.2 versions with archetype 11 not working for me as well.

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thanks Arun. It is building fine with 0.5.1.

Could it be bug in 0.5.24?

Level 10

I recommend using the version that works.

Level 4

Scott - I changed it to 0.5.1 .. but somewhere I read that 0.5.24 is stable release.. In future if we try to upgrade it then it would good if this bug is fixed.

Level 10

Report that bug to cust care by opening a ticket so it can get fixed. In mean time - use the version that builds and works in your AEM environment.

Level 2

Add valid roots[1] or disable[2] it .
[1] <configuration>
<packageType>application</packageType>
<validatorsSettings>
<jackrabbit-filter>
<options>
<validRoots>/apps/myapp</validRoots>
</options>
</jackrabbit-filter>
</validatorsSettings>
</configuration>