Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Error during assembly of /etc/designs/mysite/clientlib_base.js

Level 2

For my production publish environment "minify" is enabled for Adobe Granite HTML Library Manager.

And while rebuilding the Client Libraries through /libs/granite/ui/content/dumplibs.rebuild.html tool, I am encountered with the following error:

building /etc/designs/mysite/clientlib_base.min.js...error: java.io.IOException: Error while reading cached library: javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Error during assembly of /etc/designs/mysite/clientlib_base.js

This is causing problem with few javascript variables being undefined as request to /etc/designs/mysite/clientlib_base.min.js is returning 404 apparently becasue of the above issue during build.

Your suggestion is highly appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Mistakenly deleted my earlier 2 comments.

Coming to the problem, I've zeroed in on the culprit js file (1 out of 158 on whole app).

Thanks all.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

can you please check if there is a "caused by" statement in this exception? This exception normally means, that the minifier has some problems with the javascript (as it is parsed by the minifier process).

Jörg

Employee Advisor
21.06.2016 13:03:32.729 *ERROR* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1466494408424] GET /etc/designs/mysite/clientlib_base.min.js HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs.impl.HtmlLibraryManagerImpl Error during assembly of library. org.mozilla.javascript.EvaluatorException: Compilation produced 42 syntax errors. at com.adobe.granite.ui.clientlibs.impl.JsFileBuilder$1.runtimeError(JsFileBuilder.java:108)

Looks like you've found your problem. The Compressor is a bit picky and stricter than a browser. 

Jörg

Correct answer by
Level 2

Mistakenly deleted my earlier 2 comments.

Coming to the problem, I've zeroed in on the culprit js file (1 out of 158 on whole app).

Thanks all.