Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Error at instance start

Level 7

Hello,

when I install a new instance of AEM 6 on local computer I modify the file "start.bat" to costumize the server port and adding debug port for it. Then I create a link to this file, for starting the instance.  At the moment I'm unable to start the instance via "start.bat" file. The error message I achive is "Can not determine process id of java.exe! No new entry present." What can I do in this situation?

A restart of computer did not help. The call "java -jar .\cq-xxxxx.jar" does work, but I need to be able to debug my code with my IDE.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please open your command prompt and run the below commands

netstat -ano | findstr :4502

It will return you PID(note that down)

After that run the below command:

taskkill /PID <typeyourPIDhere> /F

and then try starting the instance again.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hope you have followed the below steps : 

• First we need to update the start file; go to \crx-quickstart\bin\start.bat and append this command "-debug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=<port#>" with line 25, default JVM options.
  • Save the file
  •  Now double click on the start.bat file to start your AEM instance in debug mode.

Once you have done with the above changes and started your aem in debug mode then you have to configure debugger in your IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ). To configure the debugger with your local AEM instance please follow this article. Remote debugger in eclipse

Level 7

I have it already added. What I forgot to mention the instance has being run for a while. From one day to next I get this error.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Please open your command prompt and run the below commands

netstat -ano | findstr :4502

It will return you PID(note that down)

After that run the below command:

taskkill /PID <typeyourPIDhere> /F

and then try starting the instance again.

Level 7

I changed my defined port number in start.bat and after several tries I could managed it to start the instance again.