Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Enabling workflow options for taging console.

Community Advisor

Hi,

We have requirement to publish tags thru a workflow. We already have a workflow configured to publish pages to different publisher, to use the same workflow for tag publishing we wanted to enable workflow option in tagging console along with other options, when I tag selected. For this I copy a workflow node from 

/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/create/items/createworkflow to /libs/cq/tagging/gui/content/tags/jcr:content/actions/selection.

After this step, I am able to see the workflow  option in tagging console, but it is not working getting one error in browser console that is :

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'dataset')
at HTMLAnchorElement.handler (foundation.js:4612:32)

If any one have any idea about the requirement implementation, can you please guide me how to implement this .

Thank you

Umesh Thakur

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Umesh_Thakur  The workflow you are using is it based on custom code or is OOTB?

Please note as page and tags have different properties the same workflow may will not work for tags. You probably have to create your own workflow process and based on workload item type (page or tag) you have to process it differently. 

To get more details please enable debug log at AEM server and check if there are any exceptions on particular workflow. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi @Umesh_Thakur  The workflow you are using is it based on custom code or is OOTB?

Please note as page and tags have different properties the same workflow may will not work for tags. You probably have to create your own workflow process and based on workload item type (page or tag) you have to process it differently. 

To get more details please enable debug log at AEM server and check if there are any exceptions on particular workflow. 

Level 1

Hi @Umesh_Thakur ,

I am also having same requirement for me also getting same error. Is it resolved? If it's resolved, can you guide me how to overcome this.

Community Advisor

I have created a custom solution which is a mix of OOB and custom implementation. I overlayed ceateworkflow from libs to apps, as mentioned in the question. Then onclick of the create workflow button I redierct it to a custom util page to list all the tags under certain path, that page was having a list of dropdown for environment select the tag and environment once you click on the publish button it make a post call to a servlet with the data. this servlet is responsible to publish the tag.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur