Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Enable Page Versioning on Save

Level 2

Hi,

We have a group of Users that are requesting creating a Version of page on each page save of the changes in AEM sites? Is this even possible to version page on save OOTB ? If so what are the implications other than the obvious increase in repository size very quickly?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM ,

I don't think versioning on page save is available in OOTB. AFAIK, On activation, version will be created and we can also create version by clicking on create -> create version.

If you still want to do it (using pagemanager.createRevision / any other approach), ensure version purge is happening periodically.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM ,

I don't think versioning on page save is available in OOTB. AFAIK, On activation, version will be created and we can also create version by clicking on create -> create version.

If you still want to do it (using pagemanager.createRevision / any other approach), ensure version purge is happening periodically.

Community Advisor

Hi,

It will definitely impact the size of the author instance and also we should remember that the version has limit of 5(default) and 30 days in OOtB (Day CQ WCM Version Manager)

If we are creating a version on every save then you need to increase the Max version number and implement a custom servlet/listener which will be triggered on dialog save and create a version. 

Employee Advisor

Hi @RG_AEM ,

There is versionManagerImpl class which would do the auto versioning.

Please go to system/console and search for version manager. It is out of the box bundle.

The versioning happens as per the configuration provided.

We can also write custom scheduler which would do versioning at specific intervals.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks