Though the Workflow is running, the Archive tab is not showing anything, e.g. after adding an image to the DAM. In CRXDE, I can see old and new items created under /etc/workflow/instances/server[n]/YYYY-MM-DD.
We are in the process of migrating Author 6.0 CRX2 to Author Oak, a step before moving to the latest 6.x version. The above problem happens on the Author 6.0 Oak version.
One thing I noticed is that there's a server[n] node under /etc/workflow/instances on Author Oak. On Author CRX2 there's no server[n] node and the workflow items go directly under ./instances. Not sure if this is related.
The presence of /etc/workflow/instances/server[n]/YYYY-MM-DD is expected. Can you please confirm if
- the workflow instance has failed. You can do so by clicking on the Failures tab.
- the workflow instance is still in running state. This should be visible as it is on the instances tab.
- you open the developer tools, do you see any failures for the archives.json request upon loading the workflow console
- I suppose the workflow instance was successful. After uploading image files to the DAM, I can see the appropriate renditions created.
- like the Archive tab, the Failures tab is always empty
- the workflow instance is not in running state. The instance tab is empty
- there's no error in the browser console
The fact that you are not seeing anything under instances, failure, and archive tab, tells me that this can also be a permission issue. Do you see a similar issue with admin user?
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately the same issue happens with OOTB admin user. There was no error in the browser console, the Ajax call returned with empty workflows array when clicking on the Refresh button, and there was no error on the server log when the button was clicked or page refreshed.
Hi Chris, was this issue resolved?
We are seeing same issue on new instance of AEM 6.4.2, although the workflow did run while uploading images to DAM (we saw the logs and the renditions were created successfully), but the archive page http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/archive.html is empty. Any idea what caused this issue?
Here's the response I've got from Adobe earlier, "So basically, something is not correctly persisted with the workflow instances and hence causing the son response to return no results". When Adobe helped trouble-shoot this issue, they put my workflow instances onto AEM 6.3 and they showed up. That tells me that it could have been a bug with 6.0 and had been fixed in newer versions.
Since we are actively involved in upgrading our version of AEM, I did not pursue a solution on this. Instead I asked for canned queries that can be used to return the results just in case we need it.
I'm currently working in upgrading directly to 6.4.2. I will let you know if I were to encounter the same issue again.