Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Email notifications after page published in the workflows

Level 2

Hi Community,

How to send email notifications after page published in the workflows.

Has anyone implemented it or OOTB feature used in their application.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

AEM has built-in support for sending email notifications as part of workflows.

This feature is called "Workflow Email Notification" and is available out of the box.

To use this feature, you will need to configure the SMTP server settings for your AEM instance and set up the email notification step in your workflow.

You can also use the "Email" step in the "Communication" category of AEM Workflow Steps to send an email at any point in your workflow. You can configure the recipient, subject, and body of the email using workflow variables.

You can also use the "Email" step to attach assets to the email.

In addition, you may also use the AEM's built-in Mail Service to send the email.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/notification.... 

AEM also provides a feature called "WorkflowLauncher" which triggers the workflow on certain events as the page publish, you can use this feature to trigger the email notification upon page publication.

HTH

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Administrator

AEM has built-in support for sending email notifications as part of workflows.

This feature is called "Workflow Email Notification" and is available out of the box.

To use this feature, you will need to configure the SMTP server settings for your AEM instance and set up the email notification step in your workflow.

You can also use the "Email" step in the "Communication" category of AEM Workflow Steps to send an email at any point in your workflow. You can configure the recipient, subject, and body of the email using workflow variables.

You can also use the "Email" step to attach assets to the email.

In addition, you may also use the AEM's built-in Mail Service to send the email.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/administering/operations/notification.... 

AEM also provides a feature called "WorkflowLauncher" which triggers the workflow on certain events as the page publish, you can use this feature to trigger the email notification upon page publication.

HTH

Kautuk Sahni

Level 4

Hi @kautuk_sahni,

Would you please list the steps to create a workflow and workflow launcher to achieve this? I have a similar requirement where I need to send an email to a fixed list of people after certain pages get published. I was looking for an OOTB solution, and based on your response, it seems possible. It's just that with the provided information, I am not sure where to start and how to implement it.

Thank you!

Level 1

Did you find a solution to this? I need this too for my project.