Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Effective Access Control Policies empty

Level 2

Hi all,

We noticed in our AEM 6.2 and AEM 6.3 instances that when we click on a content node in crx/de that the section "Effective Access Control Policies" on the bottom right pane is always empty.

Compared to AEM 5.6 we could see the "Effective Access Control Policies" containing the node's access control list and the inherited ones.

I could not find anything back in the documentation that mentions something about this. I'm also not sure if this is only a visualisation issue or that the node effectively doesn't inherit the ACL's from its parent node.

Thanks for all the help.

Johnny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Effective Access Control Policies panel was removed in AEM 6.2 due to performance issue.

There is a workaround for this in form of “Test Access Control” which can be accessed from localhost:<port>/crx/explorer.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Administrator

This is something known and I have asked an internal expert to share some information on this with you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 2

Effective Access Control Policies panel was removed in AEM 6.2 due to performance issue.

There is a workaround for this in form of “Test Access Control” which can be accessed from localhost:<port>/crx/explorer.

Level 2

Are there any plans for re-adding this feature or adding something similar. Working with "Test Access Control" is a good workaround, but it was a very clear way to check the Effective ACL panel.

Thank you!

Employee Advisor

Even I have noticed empty "Effective Access Control Policies" on content node in crx/de as shown below -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1589627729399.png  

But, "Effective Access Control Policies" is getting displayed in crx/explorer for the same content node. Please refer the below screenshot -

Effective-Access-Control-Policies.PNG