Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Editable templates policy is getting remove after code deployment

Level 4

HI Team,

after each code deployed on cloud instance , policy on homepage template is getting removed from the template. i have to go again into template to select the page policy or template container policy again from the policy dropdown

what can be the reason ?

also for /conf changes in vault filter xml what should be correct mode like update or merge 

when i use merge it not updating the new changes but when i use mode as update . it works fine 

please let me know 

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sonuk85184451 Can you please check if you have committed the policy mappings correctly to your code base.

krishna_sai_0-1678861835531.png

Thanks,

Krishna

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

You need to make the same change in your codebase and use mode= merge or update(based on your requirement) in filter.xml to persist your changes.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur

Level 4

@Umesh_Thakur 

regarding first query ? 

after each code deployed on cloud instance , policy on homepage template is getting removed from the template. i have to go again into template to select the page policy or template container policy again from the policy dropdown

what can be the reason ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @sonuk85184451 Can you please check if you have committed the policy mappings correctly to your code base.

krishna_sai_0-1678861835531.png

Thanks,

Krishna

Community Advisor

Reason will be(most probably), there will be mismatch b/w your code and your config, available on AEM. And since there will not be any mode set for the path in filter.xml so after every deployment your code will be overwriting the policy config in AEM and that is why your policy get removed( ideally you can say overwritten).

So once you make change in the code instead of AEM, it will persist.

Hope this helps

Umesh Thakur