Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Editable Template AEM 6.4

Level 3

Hi All,

I am facing one issue that while creating Editable template and editing it how to include initial content in my template. I followed the same steps mentioned in few articles over net. I tried copy pasting initial node from section page template of we-retail to my template but it didn't work. can someone help me to include initial content.

Second is the observation that suppose i have initial content in my editable template using that i created few page. Later i added few component in my initial content in editable template. Now i created new page the new component added is visible in new page but not in previously created pages. So is it the expected behaviour?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no need to copy structure node for initial. Initial content are optional and content authors can remove content if not required but from structure they can't. So having same content/node for initial and structure makes no sense for initial.

If you want to add content for initial you can do it from template editor.

1. Go to structure mode and unlock structure components
  2. Switch to initial content and add author initial content

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.28.15 AM.png

For second observation - this is the behaviour. when you create any page from template, a node structure is created for content node based on template, if you modify the template it won't impact the page until it is structure change. So the changes will be reflecting only for new pages.

In your case you can write a script to modify existing pages with new initial content.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

There is no need to copy structure node for initial. Initial content are optional and content authors can remove content if not required but from structure they can't. So having same content/node for initial and structure makes no sense for initial.

If you want to add content for initial you can do it from template editor.

1. Go to structure mode and unlock structure components
  2. Switch to initial content and add author initial content

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.27.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 9.28.15 AM.png

For second observation - this is the behaviour. when you create any page from template, a node structure is created for content node based on template, if you modify the template it won't impact the page until it is structure change. So the changes will be reflecting only for new pages.

In your case you can write a script to modify existing pages with new initial content.

Thanks
Arun

Arun Patidar