Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Eclipse Plugin is not working

Level 10

I am not able to install AEM developer tool plugin for eclipse with its latest update. Getting the below error

Unable to read repository at jar:file:/D:/Dev_Tools/com.adobe.granite.ide.p2update-1.0.4.zip!/content.xml.
Unable to read repository at jar:file:/D:/Dev_Tools/com.adobe.granite.ide.p2update-1.0.4.zip!/content.xml.
error in opening zip file

Anyone facing the same issue ?? tried with downloading the tool and using archive but of no help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find the Eclipse plug-in to be hit and miss.

I wrote a community article that uses vault to sync the code with Eclipse and the JCR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-project-using-eclipse.html

In the article - it states:

There are third-party plug-ins that you can use so you can run vlt from within Eclipse. However, its important to understand how to use vault to check in and check out code without using plug-ins and using the command line tool. Once you understand how to perform these tasks from the command line, you can use a plug-in if you prefer. Or you can continue using the command line. See AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse. 

This works well - but you are manually using vlt. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

I find the Eclipse plug-in to be hit and miss.

I wrote a community article that uses vault to sync the code with Eclipse and the JCR:

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-aem-project-using-eclipse.html

In the article - it states:

There are third-party plug-ins that you can use so you can run vlt from within Eclipse. However, its important to understand how to use vault to check in and check out code without using plug-ins and using the command line tool. Once you understand how to perform these tasks from the command line, you can use a plug-in if you prefer. Or you can continue using the command line. See AEM Developer Tools for Eclipse. 

This works well - but you are manually using vlt. 

Level 10

yea.. I am following the same but I had liked the eclipse plugin and I wanted to try using that to create project using mvn-archetype-10