Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dragging images from the DAM to a smartimage dialog in Touch UI

Level 4

Is it possible to drag images from the asset finder to a dialog in Touch UI? It looks like not - I'm checking out this page in the Geometrixx sample /content/geometrixx-media/en/entertainment/summer-blockbuster-hits-and-misses.html

And if not, is there a recommended pattern for handling this in the new UI?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This question was asked in past month - the answer is no - you need to switch to classic view and then drag your assets from the content finder to the component. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This question was asked in past month - the answer is no - you need to switch to classic view and then drag your assets from the content finder to the component. 

Level 4

Sorry, I'm not finding the previous question to reference. Is this something that will be restored in the future, or is the idea that it would be a better authoring practice to upload from your machine directly to the page, rather than uploading to the DAM first? Or a better component design to just give the author a pathfield to the DAM rather than the smartimage?

Level 10

I was talking to our Touch UI expert. They recommended do not attempt to code a classic UI solution (it works in Classic UI) and use in Touch UI. As pointed out in this thread - it will not work.

They said to look at the source code for image widget for touch ui dialog. This is how to perform this task in TOuch UI.