Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Div vs Span on /bin/wcm/references servlet execution

Community Advisor

/bin/wcm/references is the servlet that tells you whether certain page is used in other pages.

Recently, have been looking into a bug where the servlet returned an empty results set.

Further investigation has found that whenever path is contained within the <strong or <span the wcm servlet does not see path as reference.

Example that does not work:

<p><span data-path="/content/myapp/surname_change">P</span></p> 

However, when we have path as a <div it immediately starts working.

Example that does work:

<p><div data-path="/content/myapp/surname_change">P</div></p> 

Is there a way to tell /wcm/references servlet to look for <span html elements as well as <div elements ?

Kindest Regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally it does is search for query[1]. Sounds like indexing is not done for content & doubt it is related to span or etc..  I would take the route of checking index configuration & verify what is happening there. Customize index configuration accordingly.  Reach out to official support team if you find difficult in finding what is happening. 

[1]  //*[jcr:contains(., '"<path>"')]

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally it does is search for query[1]. Sounds like indexing is not done for content & doubt it is related to span or etc..  I would take the route of checking index configuration & verify what is happening there. Customize index configuration accordingly.  Reach out to official support team if you find difficult in finding what is happening. 

[1]  //*[jcr:contains(., '"<path>"')]