Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Div vs Span on /bin/wcm/references servlet execution

Community Advisor

/bin/wcm/references is the servlet that tells you whether certain page is used in other pages.

Recently, have been looking into a bug where the servlet returned an empty results set.

Further investigation has found that whenever path is contained within the <strong or <span the wcm servlet does not see path as reference.

Example that does not work:

<p><span data-path="/content/myapp/surname_change">P</span></p> 

However, when we have path as a <div it immediately starts working.

Example that does work:

<p><div data-path="/content/myapp/surname_change">P</div></p> 

Is there a way to tell /wcm/references servlet to look for <span html elements as well as <div elements ?

Kindest Regards,

Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally it does is search for query[1]. Sounds like indexing is not done for content & doubt it is related to span or etc..  I would take the route of checking index configuration & verify what is happening there. Customize index configuration accordingly.  Reach out to official support team if you find difficult in finding what is happening. 

[1]  //*[jcr:contains(., '"<path>"')]

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Internally it does is search for query[1]. Sounds like indexing is not done for content & doubt it is related to span or etc..  I would take the route of checking index configuration & verify what is happening there. Customize index configuration accordingly.  Reach out to official support team if you find difficult in finding what is happening. 

[1]  //*[jcr:contains(., '"<path>"')]