Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Display Redirect URL instead of actual asset URL on page

Level 1

I have set the redirect url property for an asset. Now when I author that asset on a page as a CTA or HREF, I want the page to show the redirect url value on hover of the link instead of the asset url authored.

I was reading through Apache Output Rewriting Pipelines as an prospective solution but I am finding very limited resources on it to understand the entire workflow and use case.

Need your help understand the best solution in this case.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @akhilesh_gupta 

Please provide some more details and some snippets if possible?

Community Advisor

@akhilesh_gupta - 

How have you set the redirect url property for an asset?

If you are only concerned about displaying the redirect URL on hover of the image,  You can implement client-side scripting, such as JavaScript/CSS, to display the redirect URL value as a tooltip or on hover of the CTA or HREF element. 

Level 1

@Tanika02 

The redirect url is present in the "metadata" of the asset. Moreover I am concerned about displaying the redirect url on hovering over a link in the page. 

Level 5

You can build a custom transformer. Just like LinkRewriter, you can build your own rewriter that can replace all links with your custom logic. And for paths starting with /content/dam, write a logic to retrieve redirect url from metadata and replace the url with it.

https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/output-rewriting-pipelines-org-apache-sling-rewriter....

Hope this helps.