Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Display Mode is not visible while using Content fragment in AEM 64 page

Level 3

Hi All,

I am trying to use content fragment feature in AEM64 for one of my client requirement. Following are the steps which I performed by following Adobe help docs:

1. Created a Content Fragment Model by navigating to http://localhost:4502/libs/dam/cfm/models/console/content/models.html/conf
  2. Added multiple data type elements to the model for e.g: Single Line Text, Multi Line Text and Date & Time.
  3. Created a content fragment using the above created model and filled the content
  4. I have created a page and added the OOTB Content Fragment Component which is under General component group.
  5. I configured the Content Fragment Component by choosing my Content Fragment path (Which I saved in above step#3).
  6. While configuring the content fragment, I could not see the "Display Mode" option. Whereas Adobe documents and videos says, this "Display Mode" option will help author to set either "Single Element" or "Multiple Elements". By Default I am getting an option to choose only single Element. please find the attached snap shot.
  7. I did not set the display mode property to single element anywhere explicitly. Am I missing anything?

CF_DisplayMode_Missing.png

Thank you!

Dinesh kumar L.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you are referring Page Authoring with Content Fragments

that clearly says if you'll use we.retail content fragment then only you can see that option. That is custom Component not OOTB.

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 4.33.29 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

If you are referring Page Authoring with Content Fragments

that clearly says if you'll use we.retail content fragment then only you can see that option. That is custom Component not OOTB.

Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 4.33.29 PM.png

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 3

Thanks Arun.

Then the OOTB Content Fragment component under general can be used to render content from only one element, even though the model has more than one element to capture content.

Regards,

Dinesh.

Level 10

Excellent community interaction - thanks!

Level 1

I'm looking at Page Authoring with Content Fragments ​ and I do not see where it says that the Content fragment they are using has been customized. And there version of We.Retail that I have does NOT have the Display Mode option. All the documentation I have seen says that if the Element Field is empty it will pull in all elements; yet there is no way to have Element field be empty.

How do we get this functionality? The content fragments are very useful for my use case if I can only pull in one of the elements.

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to use wcm core contentfragment components.

/apps/core/wcm/extension/components/contentfragment/v1/contentfragment

Weretail example is also using same in above.

Arun Patidar

Level 1
Could you expand on this? I've dragged the same content fragment component from "General" which I assumed was the core contentfragment component. I can't find any other thread that talks about this issue.