Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

DIspatcher for Author Instance

Level 4

Hi,

I am trying to install dispatcher in front of author instance. When i try to open a page under content, i am getting prompt by login screen but i am enter the credentials admin admin, it still showing only login screen. 

Below are the couple of lines present in error log

org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator getAnonymousResolver: Anonymous access not allowed by configuration - requesting credentials
 org.apache.sling.auth.core.impl.SlingAuthenticator getAnonymousResolver: Anonymous access not allowed by configuration - requesting credentials
 GET /libs/granite/core/content/login.html HTTP/1.1] libs.granite.core.components.login.login$jsp j_reason param value 'unknown' cannot be mapped to a valid reason message: ignoring

Please reply to this question if anyone already configured dispatcher infront of author instances and if anyone has any steps to follow  for successful installation, that would be great.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Browser cache and incognito mode have will not prevent the dispatcher from caching.  Are you sure you're deleting the dispatcher cache files before trying?

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Level 8

Couple of things to check:

1.  Check that the domain you're using is allowed in the "Apache Sling Referrer Filter" configuration
2.  Make sure your dispatcher.any isn't blocking POST requests to j_security_check (this will be disallowed by default so make sure you add an exception)

Level 9

Hi,

It would good, if you could re-check login on the author instance. If login is fine on author instance, then as pointed out by @leeasling, just make sure, all post requests are not blocked at the dispatcher configuration.

Jitendra

Level 4

Hi,

@leeasling, i tried those couple of things you told me to check but still i couldn't login in to the page. I am attaching a screenshot from network tab where you can see i am getting a 200 response for j_security_check. 

Please take a look at it once. After 200 response from j_security_check, page is getting a 302 and then again login page is showing up.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

can you post the dispatcher.any config file?

kind regards,
Jörg

Employee Advisor

I guess you need to add new domain of your dispatcher in the externalizer configuration of your author to solve this error- 

http://localhost:4502/system/console/configMgr/com.day.cq.commons.impl.ExternalizerImpl

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for replying. Please find the attached dispatcher.any file. If you can please take a look and see if any issues are there in the configuration. 

Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for answering. I tried the change you suggested but it didn't worked out. 

Please let me know if you think of any other configuration change.

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Hi,

it looks like that you cache all responses originating from /libs and /apps. Just in case, purge the complete dispatcher cache and try again.

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jorg,

I delete browser cache, server cache every time i try to login. Even after that i open the links using Incognito window in chrome. There is no way cache can interfere.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 8

Browser cache and incognito mode have will not prevent the dispatcher from caching.  Are you sure you're deleting the dispatcher cache files before trying?

Employee Advisor

Ok, then the next thing is to turn the dispatcher to DEBUG loglevel and compare the responses you receive on the browser side with the responses the dispatcher gets from AEM.

Level 4

Hi,

Yes, i do. I am deleting the dispatcher cache every time i try to login. 

Thanks

Level 4

Hi,

This is what exactly happening when i try to login. I get the login screen as usually when i try to access, as soon as i enter user id and password , it is generating a login token. After login token is getting generated, it is redirecting me to login screen again. I can relate to the events that are happening in browser and they are the same. 

Please find the attached log, it has logs from generating login token to redirecting it back to login screen.

Thanks

Employee

Hi,

just to confirm it all works fine if you log out and try and access the url directly on author: you are prompted for password, it redirects and then page opens.

Can you also show the error.log and matching dispatcher log(you already posted this, but it would be good to have the error log for the same time) for when you try and access the page via dispatcher.

Regards,

Opkar

Level 4

Hi Opkar,

Thanks for taking your time to look at the question. It is working well if i access it directly.

As you requested, i am attaching logs for AEM and Apache also for reference. 

Thanks

Employee Advisor

Can you just test it by using a different domain other than localhost ? You can create a local domain in your machine hosts file and see if the issue still exists with the new domain. 

Level 4

Hi,

I tried doing that. I tried in windows, linux and i tried with AEM 6.1, AEM 6. For all of these the result is the same. Could not login. This is happening only on local. 

I tried to configure dispatcher to DEV Author, it worked out but local is not good.

Thanks