Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Discontinuous outcome in Target Integration

Level 2

Hi all, I have encountered a puzzling situation.

I have integrated AEM with Target on one author instance (in one of the environments we use in our company).

Upon doing the same activity on a different author istance (different as in "belonging to a different enviroment", but identical in terms of configurations and contents), there seems to be an inconsistency between how much I can configure when applying the target configuration to a set of Experience Fragments.

Specifically, you see on the left the configuration on the first author instance (more complete) and on the right the configuration on the second author instance (more partial):

parag_dalal_0-1608220491561.png

As you can see, the fields to specify the Adobe Target Workspace and the Externalizer Domains are missing.

Now, I cannot speak much about the Target situation, since it is handled by a different team, but we have used the same property and applied the same configurations to both environments, so I would have expected an idential behaviour.

As for the externalizer domains, they are the ones we have configured in the Day CQ Link Externalizer: the two instances do not have identical hostnames, but other than that, they are perfectly matching.

I have followed the same integration procedure - at least, I think I have - and I cannot figure out why the outcame is not the same.
Does anybody have any guesses?

As a corollary: we are using AEM 6.5.4.0 on both instances.

Thank you in advance for your precious input,
Parag Dalal.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@parag_dalal  This discrepancy is mostly due to difference in AEM versions. But as you've already stated that the AEM version is same as 6.5.4 on both the instances, there's a possibility that the service pack upgrade on one of the instances (one without workspace and domain options) did not happen properly. You might want to check if the service pack is properly installed on this instance.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@parag_dalal  This discrepancy is mostly due to difference in AEM versions. But as you've already stated that the AEM version is same as 6.5.4 on both the instances, there's a possibility that the service pack upgrade on one of the instances (one without workspace and domain options) did not happen properly. You might want to check if the service pack is properly installed on this instance.

Hope this helps.

Employee Advisor

@parag_dalal  

You should see those fields only when you integrate AEM and Target using Adobe I/O only. If the integration method is same then just check your AEM installation and find out if any of packages are in uninstalled state. Also, see if the number of bundles in both instances are same and in active state. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/integration/experience-f...