Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disabling "Disable Rewriting" in "Day CQ Link Checker Transformer" config causing  thumbnail issue

Level 4

Server: AEM-6.5.1 SP-6.5.1
Oak: 1.10.2
Dispatcher: build 4.2.3/apache2.4-linux-x86-64

I just disabled the disableRewriting disableChecking  by setting value to true. After setting this property the importing thumbnail image in page properties stopped working. 

# Configuration created by Apache Sling JCR Installer
linkcheckertransformer.strictExtensionCheck=B"false"
linkcheckertransformer.rewriteElements=["a:href","area:href","form:action","img:src","link:href","script:src"]
linkcheckertransformer.stripExtensionPathBlacklist=[""]
linkcheckertransformer.disableRewriting=B"true"
linkcheckertransformer.disableChecking=B"false"
linkcheckertransformer.stripHtmltExtension=B"false"
linkcheckertransformer.mapCacheSize=I"5000"

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

I test the use case locally, but unable to recreate the same. To the best of my knowledge, I don't think disabling rewriting/checking can cause this issue with thumbnail. Can you upload a new asset into DAM, and see if it generates the thumbnail fine? What errors do you see in AEM error.log file for this time frame? 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

I test the use case locally, but unable to recreate the same. To the best of my knowledge, I don't think disabling rewriting/checking can cause this issue with thumbnail. Can you upload a new asset into DAM, and see if it generates the thumbnail fine? What errors do you see in AEM error.log file for this time frame? 

Level 4

Could you Upload Image in Thumbnail tab of page properties screen? after making true/false in linkcheckertransformer.disableRewriting property in said config.

Level 4
@vanegi, able to recreate the issue from my previous comment?

Employee
Still unable to replicate the issue. Both linkcheckertransformer.disableRewriting and linkcheckertransformer.disableChecking are unchecked and if upload a new image under thumbnail section of page properties, the new thumbnail gets updated fine without any errors.

Level 4
Thanks @vanegi, but in my system the moment I check the "linkcheckertransformer.disableRewriting" checkbox and save in configMgr sceen, I could upload Image in thumbnail tab but it is not viewing what I uploaded.

Level 4

Adobe confirmed that it is a bug and they replied the below in the support ticket.

After I discussed this issue internally, I came to know that there is already a bug created for the engineering team until the engineering team fix this issue, here is the workaround team shared with me which I tested myself:

1. To prevent this issue happening till we get fix from engineering
- Overlay or modify /libs/cq/gui/components/siteadmin/admin/properties/form/form.jsp to not escape the action. Have [B] instead of [A].

2. For thumbnail already uploaded
- Write a small script to move from <pagepath>/jcr:content/image/file.sftmp to <pagepath>/jcr:content/image/file

[A]
vm.put("action", Text.escapePath(contentPath));
[B]
vm.put("action", contentPath);