Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Disable cancel inheritance of component dialog field on MSM rolled out LiveCopy page

Level 2

I would like to prevent an author from overwriting/canceling inheritance for one field in a component dialog on a page that has been rolled out using LiveCopy from the master site.

Is this possible? Is there a property I can add to that dialog field that would prevent the author for overwriting it, meaning it will always inherit from the master site?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Not sure but you could try to add "fieldEditLockMode" on that property and test it out.

Per this thread/user, it should do the trick as you expect  ---  

Re: Field Level Inheritance - MSM

I found the property "fieldEditLockMode" in this article: aem - CQ5 - Cancel individual property inheritance of a Live Copy component - Stack Overflow. Adding this to the component dialog let the small locks appear in front of the field in the dialog. But when I cancel the inheritance of a field, changing the content, close dialog and rollout again from blueprint the lock is closed and content is snyced.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I do not believe this is supported at the dialog field level.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Not sure but you could try to add "fieldEditLockMode" on that property and test it out.

Per this thread/user, it should do the trick as you expect  ---  

Re: Field Level Inheritance - MSM

I found the property "fieldEditLockMode" in this article: aem - CQ5 - Cancel individual property inheritance of a Live Copy component - Stack Overflow. Adding this to the component dialog let the small locks appear in front of the field in the dialog. But when I cancel the inheritance of a field, changing the content, close dialog and rollout again from blueprint the lock is closed and content is snyced.

Level 2

Breaking inheritance on component field level is not supported in Touch UI, but in Classic UI it is.

Not sure why, because it's a common use case imho - we have used it on several sites and it makes editing less effort (e.g. you can keep inheritance for an image, but just override the text field).