Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Different tags on the publish instance.

Level 4

Hi guys,
I am running a project on AEM 6.3. I've encountered this strange situation where my publish instance has different tags compared to the author instance.

What may be the cause of this?

If I publish a new tag I am creating is working as expected. I'm looking for a reason why I have different tags on the publish instance. From what I know on publish it should only appear tags I publish.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Well, I've discovered that when I publish a parent tag, on publish instance a new tag with the same title be created. Having duplicates.

I've manually deleted that new duplicate tag from the publish instance and If I do the same operation again
(publish a parent tag) this will now behave correctly. I no longer have a duplicate on publish.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Tags that you create on Author should be published as discussed here:

Administering Tags

Where your tags correctly published to the Production instance?

Level 10

probably 'nosamplecontent' is applied to publish instance. Could you check the run modes passed on to cmd line/terminal/start.sh file

ps -ef | grep 4502

ps -ef | grep 4503

Could you share a couple tags that are missing in publish but present in author?

Correct answer by
Level 4

Well, I've discovered that when I publish a parent tag, on publish instance a new tag with the same title be created. Having duplicates.

I've manually deleted that new duplicate tag from the publish instance and If I do the same operation again
(publish a parent tag) this will now behave correctly. I no longer have a duplicate on publish.