Expand my Community achievements bar.

Difference in workflows based on how an asset is uploaded?

Level 5

If i upload an asset using the "New" button, the asset automatically gets published however if I drag and drop from my windows folder onto the document folder in DAM, it doesn't. Seems like different workflows get triggered based on how we are uploding the asset.

We need same behavior as "New" for drag and drop because we want to drag multiple assets onto the pane.

Can someone explain why there are different workflows and how we can merge them?

3 Replies

Level 10

"Can someone explain why there are different workflows"

The Eng team developed the product so when you upload an Asset using the NEW button - it invokes a specific workflow. WHen you upload via different means - the same  workflow is not invoked. You can write a custom service that would invoke a workflow in response to an asset being uploaded by other means. 

To learn more about assets and preconfigured workflows - see this AEM doc topic: 

Administering Assets

Scott,

Can you point to the two different workflows? maybe we can customize one to reflect the other.

Level 10

OOB, there is no workflow which automatically publishes as asset when uploaded unless its customized. Are you sure it gets published automatically ?

I tried both the approach mentioned and it initiates the same workflow 'DAM Update Asset'.