Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Let us talk about Developing with AI, What is your experience so far?

Community Advisor

Hi Community, I thought I would start a discussion about AEM Development with AI. How is it for you so far?

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Has anyone tried https://bit.ly/aem-developer-gpt to generate boiler plate code, help with interview questions, or help solve long trailed exceptions raised from logs?

Community Advisor

Hi @BrianKasingli - Since this is a paid version (requires ChatGPT Plus), it would be great to add a few screenshots of what the potential of this GPT is so it can help more users subscribe.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi!

Well, I tried to use as much AI as possible when developing our Composum AI text generation plugin for AEM, and I found that extremely useful. My impression is that Github Copilot speeds up the coding phase in development sometimes by a factor of 2 or more if you have a clear idea what you want, as it almost magically suggests pretty much exactly what you just wanted to write. Of course that is only part of the whole process - when you're testing things, researching, thinking that doesn't really help. But ChatGPT (the paid version, forget the free version) is certainly useful to solve problems, discuss things - I even generated about half of several dialog specifications with it. See my blog about that - you can also have a look at the specifications I generated and the process I devised to do that, since the Composum AI is open source.

So, all in all I'm a big fan of that and can only encourage everybody to try and gather experiences with that. I did get a lot more done this year, including a couple of AI related sparetime projects I probably wouldn't have attacked without AI support for time reasons.

Best regards,

Hans-Peter Störr