Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Difference between Adobe Pro and AEM forms?

Level 1

Need to complete some basic forms and i was wondering what the difference is between using Adobe Pro or AEM to create forms.

Is it easier to extract data with AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @talvinder ,

I assume that by "Adobe Pro" you mean Adobe Acrobat Pro?

The difference is the following:

• Adobe Acrobat Pro is a tool for reading, creating, converting, annotating, and formatting PDFs (among other things) on your desktop or mobile device.
  • AEM Forms is an entreprise-level module for Adobe Experience Manager, which lets you:
    • Create interactive forms to collect user input and use them on your website
    • Programmatically create or modify PDFs and other documents
    • Map form data to your business data
    • Apply a sophisticated AI to convert PDFs into forms and link the two
    • About a million other things

An Adobe Acrobat Pro license will set you back a few hundred dollars per year, AEM Forms is more like a few thousand. These are two different products for two different uses!

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi @talvinder ,

I assume that by "Adobe Pro" you mean Adobe Acrobat Pro?

The difference is the following:

• Adobe Acrobat Pro is a tool for reading, creating, converting, annotating, and formatting PDFs (among other things) on your desktop or mobile device.
  • AEM Forms is an entreprise-level module for Adobe Experience Manager, which lets you:
    • Create interactive forms to collect user input and use them on your website
    • Programmatically create or modify PDFs and other documents
    • Map form data to your business data
    • Apply a sophisticated AI to convert PDFs into forms and link the two
    • About a million other things

An Adobe Acrobat Pro license will set you back a few hundred dollars per year, AEM Forms is more like a few thousand. These are two different products for two different uses!