Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dialog - Reuse Set of Fields in Touch UI

Level 3

I want to reuse some fields from one component dialog into multiple other component. Objective is to ensure that I don't have to update all the components for a change.

e.g. Image component has 2 fields (Image Path, Alt Text). I want to include Image in 5 other components so that any field addition to Image component later on, does not result changing 5 other components. In this case, other 5 components can have multiple other fields which are local to those components.

How can I solve the problem of reusing set of fields in Dialog box in AEM 62 Touch UI.

I know the concept of overlay and extension but in those cases Dialog boxes cannot import set of fields from other components.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Also -- ootb page properties is a good example for this – check /libs/foundation/components/page/dialog/items/tabs/items/basic

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Although i prefer having a 1-1 mapping of JCR nodes that represent a dialog for each component, there is a way to pull in another components dialog. See: 

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21293839/cq5-inheriting-extended-dialogs

Hope this helps... 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Also -- ootb page properties is a good example for this – check /libs/foundation/components/page/dialog/items/tabs/items/basic

Level 3

Thanks for the pointers Scott. Although I was hoping that there would be a way to import fields within the same Tab instead of creating separate Tabs for reusable fields. I was able to make it work using the example.