Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Design time path not found for model with ID: /var/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation

Level 4

We are getting below error log when accessing workflow models from touch UI console and the model UI is blank.

This is OOTB workflow, not sure how to resolve this issue.

10.11.2020 06:48:34.518 *WARN* [204.153.122.4 [1604990914422] GET /libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/models.html HTTP/1.1] libs.cq.workflow.admin.console.components.item.workflowmodel.card.card$jsp Design time path not found for model with ID: /var/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation
10.11.2020 06:48:34.521 *ERROR* [204.153.122.4 [1604990914422] GET /libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/models.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl service: Uncaught SlingException
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.apache.jsp.libs.cq.workflow.admin.console.components.item.workflowmodel.card.card_jsp._jspService(card_jsp.java:498)
at org.apache.sling.scripting.jsp.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:70)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @saibul 

Check the below path exists in your repository. If you don't have that specific page you will get that error.

/libs/settings/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation.

As above page is missing you are gettingNullPointerException.

Hope this helps!

AG

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi @saibul ,

Have you upgraded your aem instance recently. If yes, please follow below article.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/cannot-read-workflow-model-error.html 

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Community Advisor
Hi @saibul, May I know which version of AEM you are using?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @saibul 

Check the below path exists in your repository. If you don't have that specific page you will get that error.

/libs/settings/workflow/models/request_for_deactivation.

As above page is missing you are gettingNullPointerException.

Hope this helps!

AG

Level 4
You are right. Also I noticed workflow model metadata node has "cq:generatingPage" property which has value from "\conf" node path. Iam not sure how come this OOTP workflow have design path in conf instead of libs. I just removed the property then it worked.

Level 1

I've also was able to replicate one scenario that matches a little bit of what you are getting. In order for me to replicate, these are my steps:

1. Edit one of the workflows using the TouchUI (/libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/models.html)
2. When you do this (even with a small change), you create an overlay in /conf/global/settings/workflow/models which holds the extended workflow model
3. If there was a deployment that clears that directory, there will be issues displaying the models in the TouchUI.

To determine which one is causing the exception:
1. Look at the logs and tail for "Design time path not found for model"
2. Copy the model from /libs/settings/workflow/models/ to /conf/global/settings/workflow/models/ and test.

Again, this is one scenario but we can validate if this is the issue with your instance.