Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Dependencies needed to inject Content Aware Configuration annotation @ContextAwareConfiguration

Level 4

I am trying to use @ContextAwareConfiguration to inject CA config into Sling models. This annotation is not resolved even after adding the dependency in my core pom.xml

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.sling</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.sling.models.caconfig</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.2</version>
</dependency>

It would be helpful if someone could share the correct dependency details

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @narendiran100 ,

As per doc https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/models.html

It is available from 1.0.0 and I am able to resolve in both

MukeshYadav__0-1722528036571.png

can you explicitly import  in your code

import org.apache.sling.models.caconfig.annotations.ContextAwareConfiguration;

MukeshYadav__0-1722528177209.png

Thanks

Level 4

Thanks @MukeshYadav_  for the reply. I tried to add the import directly in the model file but it is not resolved. I am not sure what I am missing.

narendiran100_0-1722528888914.png

Under which pom.xml file you have included the dependency and what is the dependency you have added? Could you please share your pom.xml if possible? 

Level 4

myproj.core:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT is importing package(s) org.apache.sling.models.caconfig.annotations in start level 20 but no bundle is exporting these for that start level. (com.test:myproj.all:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT)  - Compilation issue is resolved in core module, but getting this error in all module 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 4

This method we are already using I am trying to use annotation based injection

Level 4

After embedding the dependency in all pom it is working. This bundle is not provided by AEM SDK. So we need to explicitly embed in all pom so that it will be included in the build.