Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

deleting repository in AEM 6.2

Level 2

Hi all,

I have to clean up the repository of AEM publishers. Does it need downtime? May I know deleting repo impact the current data? How can I clean up repo.

aem_repo.JPG

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Snow123 - Understood. Please perform the Datastore garbage collection (when the instance is running) and Offline compaction (recommend to perform during non-business hours) and check the repository size once. Un-referenced files will be deleted from the repository.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi - To cleanup the repository ,please perform the maintenance activity as below:

Data store Garbage collection - When instance up and running ( No downtime)

Offline compaction - need to bring down the instance to perform this.

There will be NO impact to your repository while you perform this activity.

Please refer these link :

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/operations/maintenance.html...

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/AEM6-Maintenance-Guide.html

Level 2

Hi @Raja-kp ,

Thanks for the information. Can I just directly delete *.bak folder inside that segmentstore?

Community Advisor

Can you please share the screenshot of directory name under segmenstore ?

Level 2

D:/publish/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore.

You can also see a file ended with *tar.bak in the screenshot mentioned in my question.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Snow123 - Understood. Please perform the Datastore garbage collection (when the instance is running) and Offline compaction (recommend to perform during non-business hours) and check the repository size once. Un-referenced files will be deleted from the repository.

Community Advisor

Hi @Snow123 

you can use Offline compaction:

Offline compaction:
sudo java -jar oak-run-1.38.0.jar checkpoints /Users/Documents/myfolder/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore

sudo java -jar oak-run-1.38.0.jar checkpoints /Users/Documents/myfolder/crx-quickstart/repository/segmentstore rm-all