Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleting languages copies in AEM 6.2

Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if there's a way to easily delete language copies from a site.

I've had the scenario where because of a server error or another reason, some files are not committed for translation and left as draft. When that happens, I have no other option but to cancel the translation job to create a new one, but that does not delete the newly created language copy from the site. Every time I have to ask my AEM IT admin to delete those language copies for me. Is that the expected behavior? Is there anything I should or can do differently?

For info I use AEM 6.2 with CrossLang XTM as the connector.

Thanks

Guillaume

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

From what I think, language copy is just a way to overcome one by one manual creation of different language sites and there is no relationship maintained in it. So once created, there are like independent content pages/hierarchy. So deleting it is same as deleting a normal page. If you dont have permissions to delete, then you would have to go to your IT team as you said. Having said that, why do you want to delete those even if translation failed. Next time you send it for translation, you anyway would an updated copy, with the translated content. It should not matter whether language copy already existed or was created after you sent it for translation

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

From what I think, language copy is just a way to overcome one by one manual creation of different language sites and there is no relationship maintained in it. So once created, there are like independent content pages/hierarchy. So deleting it is same as deleting a normal page. If you dont have permissions to delete, then you would have to go to your IT team as you said. Having said that, why do you want to delete those even if translation failed. Next time you send it for translation, you anyway would an updated copy, with the translated content. It should not matter whether language copy already existed or was created after you sent it for translation

Level 2

you dont have to cancel the translation job, if you go to page from translation project, once selected you can get the option accept or reject the translation. You should reject it instead of canceling and deleting manually. Rejection will allow to you have translations import again and again until you accept it.