Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Debug with IntelliJ: Ide does not stop at breakpoint(s)

Level 7

Hello,

I'm quite desperated about the issue that my InelliJ does not stop at defined breakpoints during debug mode. Neither it works at my AEM 6.4 instance nor AEM 5.6. The console output of ide says that exists a connection to aem instance. I'm using commercial edition of IntelliJ in version 2019.2.3 . Additional I've got a new fresh installation of Windows 10 on my computer. What can I do?

I have researched a lot of time for solving this issue, without no success. Some external consultants cannot reproduce this.

Thanks in advanced.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Accendently I could solve this issue. I did follow way:

1. Open the start script in folder "crx-quickstart / bin" ('start' or 'start.bat) in an editor
  2. Replace the line "CQ_JVM_OPTS set CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Djava.awt.headless=true" by "CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Djava.awt.headless=true -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=<Port>,server=y,suspend=n"

For now I have to use the startscript to start the enviroment. What ever circumstances are in charged for this action.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 3

Did you use this:

You can run the AEM application from IntelliJ. To run the application, you have start AEM in debug mode by using the following command from the folder where the AEM quick start is located:

java -Xmx512m -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=30303,suspend=n -jar cq5-author-p4502.jar

Level 7

I have already tried this this way and it did not work.

Correct answer by
Level 7

Accendently I could solve this issue. I did follow way:

1. Open the start script in folder "crx-quickstart / bin" ('start' or 'start.bat) in an editor
  2. Replace the line "CQ_JVM_OPTS set CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Djava.awt.headless=true" by "CQ_JVM_OPTS=-Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512M -Djava.awt.headless=true -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=<Port>,server=y,suspend=n"

For now I have to use the startscript to start the enviroment. What ever circumstances are in charged for this action.