Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Data storage in AEM

Level 4

Is it possible to store data inside JCR in AEM 6.4? How can the stored data accesed?

I was trying to follow this tutorial but the jsp page created to demonstrate the working of data store is not actually working. It is not rendering the JSP correctly.

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Persisting Adobe Experience Manager data in the Java Content Reposit...

Could you please help me out to find an alternative tutorial or can somebody explain about why the above tutorial is not working?

The tutorial says the configuration in 5.x but I am actually trying it out in 6.4.

What all ways we can store data in AEM 6.4 primarily the data entered by user in forms.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

The reason for confusion is due to you attempting to follow a 5.x article on 6.4. It will not work. The dependencies are outdated, etc.

Always follow the same version when working with HELPX articles. Its is quite important as the article is tested on the given version.

I have successfully got the Persist use case working - article -- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/persisting-experience-manager-64.html

Video too that shows it working.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Is it possible to store data inside JCR in AEM 6.4? How can the stored data access?

Yes it is possible to save data in JCR, Try following this article it is for AEM 6

Adobe Experience Manager Help | Querying Adobe Experience Manager 6 data using the Sling getServiceR...

Level 4

would like to add up a question in this thread. Jsp doesn't work well in AEM 6.4? I am getting the JSP code rendered as a normal HTML text on the page, which means my Jsp code doesn't work in AEM.

Level 10

Yes - you can use the AEM JCR to store data. You are correct - the above article was an older AEM 5.x article. For 6.4 - we will update this article to show use of AEM 6.4 - which would be very similiar - expect an HTL component is used and 6.4 dependencies. I will update this article and post back here.

Level 10

We are working on this HELPX article and  once it done, we will update you!!

Level 4

That's great and will be really helpful!  The current article seems confusing up to an extent.

Correct answer by
Level 10

The reason for confusion is due to you attempting to follow a 5.x article on 6.4. It will not work. The dependencies are outdated, etc.

Always follow the same version when working with HELPX articles. Its is quite important as the article is tested on the given version.

I have successfully got the Persist use case working - article -- https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/persisting-experience-manager-64.html

Video too that shows it working.