Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

dam:size is not added to metadata of Asset

Level 6

dam:size is not added to metadata of Asset in AEM 6.2. We have the Metadata Processor step enabled in workflow

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

I am not able to reproduce this in AEM 6.2 (latest SP + CFP), I can see dam:sha1, dam:size and dam:extracted are getting saved on metadata node for all type of files including mp3/mp4.  Is there any customization around asset processing/handling done in your case? Can you please check if there is any error in logs (error.log) logged during asset processing (dam_update_asset) workflow? Share the same to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Ashutosh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee

selvaganesh you could run the Add asset size workflow [1] to get the property for all the existing assets.

[1]host:port/libs/cq/workflow/admin/console/content/models.html/etc/workflow/models

Level 6

dam:extracted and dam:sha1 is also missing

Level 10

Did you try the workflow that Yanira Castaneda suggests.

Level 6

the add size workflow adds the size but not dam:sha1.

Metadata processor workflow step fails to add the property for mp3,mp4 (but works fine for ai/eps files). Just wondering if there is any configuration which disables adding dam:size,dam:sha1

Level 10

I asked the asset team to look here to answer questions about those specific file types.

Correct answer by
Level 4

I am not able to reproduce this in AEM 6.2 (latest SP + CFP), I can see dam:sha1, dam:size and dam:extracted are getting saved on metadata node for all type of files including mp3/mp4.  Is there any customization around asset processing/handling done in your case? Can you please check if there is any error in logs (error.log) logged during asset processing (dam_update_asset) workflow? Share the same to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
Ashutosh