Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dam folder is not working

Level 5

Hi All,

One of my folder in dam is not  opening on Production author. I have one parent folder "glovebox-kit" and inside have lost of children folders( 2001,2002 ,2003...) .When I am clicking on parent folder only its showing the children folders but when I am clicking on children folder its not opening and keep trying to open.I am using AEM 6.3.

In console I am getting this error:

1771293_pastedImage_1.png

1771294_pastedImage_2.png

5 Replies

Level 5

Hi All,

Updating the issue: Just checked and one of the child folder is corrupted and now I am trying to delete the same folder but its not allowing me to delete.

Is there any sql2 query to delete the folder by crxde because manually I am not able to delete the folder in crx/de or dam.

Please suggest how can I delete forcefully the child folder.

thanks

Employee

Hi Varun,

Are you getting segment not found exceptions ? Or any other errors related to corruption ?

If yes , you can use below document to fix inconsistency in the repository -

Fix Inconsistencies in the repository when SegmentNotFound Issue is reported in AEM 6.x

Regards,

Anubha

Employee

If you REALLY want to programatically delete the node an option would be to stop the AEM instance and use the OakRun JAR in Console mode in the following way.

java -jar oak-run-*.jar console /path/to/oak/repository --read-write

Which will bring up a console

1771646_pastedImage_4.png

Where you can load this rmNode script

:load https://gist.githubusercontent.com/stillalex/43c49af065e3dd1fd5bf/raw/ae8d7ad8887be5237e77f1bbeda88a... https://gist.githubusercontent.com/stillalex/43c49af065e3dd1fd5bf/raw/ae8d7ad8887be5237e77f1bbeda88a...

1771647_pastedImage_9.png

Then you just pass in the path you want to delete.

rmNode(session, "/path/to/node")

eg :

rmNode(session, "/content/dam/projects/us/owners/glovebox-manual/2013")

Employee

Try to run Datastore consistency check:

How to run a datastore consistency check via oak-run

for old AEM you can use AEM/CQ5 : How to perform Datastore Consistency Check in AEM

The output should give you a clue what is missing.