Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Dam Assets - Appearing in CRXDE but not in Dam author.

Level 4

Hi,

Back again -.-

I have a folder tree in my DAM that do not show any new assets added. I can see a handful of old documents in this folder but everything new does not appear here. Also, anything linking to these documents on the live site becomes a broken link. 

If I look at the same path in CRXDE all the assets appear under the folder. 

It's only this specific folder/tree as I can add assets fine to any other folder. 

Confused  

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ahh found it. 

There was a set of OLD documents in that folder missing metadata.. this was breaking the authors view. 

Have updated the metadata on the old docs and the whole list is back to normal. 

Thanks for the help Shubham.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RooRue 

Just to make sure, it seems on the assets view when an image is uploaded it is not visible, but in crx/de structure view the node is visible.

I faced similar issue with one of the testers in QA environment. Wanted to see if that is the case here. In our case the images that were being uploaded seemed to have an expiry date of past date (expired) when that was removed, the asset was visible. 

Other than that just to make sure, the assets were published to view in publishers right?

Also if above is not the case, can you check if the visibility is permission issue or are you logging in as admin?

Can you also try to upload the same image that is appearing fine again (download as asset and upload) at the given location?

Thanks

Level 4

Thank Shubham for the suggestions.

I am using admin, I have downloaded one of the visible files and tried to upload it back in, but the same issue occurs, visible in CRXDE but not in the author 

Community Advisor

Can we if not already, compare crx de nodes for the asset under given folder vs elsewhere where things are fine?

Is this happening in other folders as well?

Level 4

I have tried comparing the node with one in the same main node that is working, they appear the same as far as I can tell.

I can add assets to the main node in this tree and it works fine but several of the nodes within it have this issue 

Correct answer by
Level 4

Ahh found it. 

There was a set of OLD documents in that folder missing metadata.. this was breaking the authors view. 

Have updated the metadata on the old docs and the whole list is back to normal. 

Thanks for the help Shubham.