Expand my Community achievements bar.

customizing projects creation & Tiles in AEM 6.2

Level 5

my goal is to achieve below mentioned tasks:

like a new photoshoot project , authors should be able to create 4 new types of projects.Each project type will have different metadata attributes.right now all projects only get due date, users, title and description only.What if I want to add few more atributes/fields to select.What should be approach for this?which component will I have to extend.

Once a custom project type project is created - custom tiles should appear to select from along with workflows,tasks etc.

How do I achieve these customizations.

Regards,

Allhad

6 Replies

Level 10

"authors should be able to create 4 new types of projects"

AEM authors do not typically create AEM projects. They are created by AEM developers using Maven Archetypes. For example: 

http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2016/04/creating-your-first-aem-62-project.html

I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish. I asked my team members to look at this thread too. 

Level 5

Thanks you for reply Scott.

I am talking about projects wizard in AEM and doing some customizations around the same .

Attaching the images of the project creation screen and new tile creation screenshot for reference, may be it will give more details about what I am saying.

Regards,

Allhad

Level 10

OK - that is an interesting use case. There is no community article on this use case. I will ask within Adobe to see if anyone has done this. 

Level 5

HI Scott,

Were you able to get any information about this one?

Regards,

Allhad

Level 1

Hi Scott,

We're interested in doing the same thing as well - customizing AEM projects to allow for different metadata properties for the project and building new tiles within project.

We're digging through existing AEM project logic in the following folders and writing our technical specifications based on Adobe examples, but if you have any references or documentation to this it would be very helpful!

(We'd copy overriding /libs/ files to /apps/)

/libs/cq/core/content/projects 

/libs/cq/gui/components/projects/admin

/etc/projects/dashboard/gadgets

Thanks!

Jack

Level 2

Hi @smacdonald2008 ,

I am also having the same user case :

customizing AEM projects to allow for different metadata properties for the project and building new tiles within project.

If you can help here.

Thanks!