Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

AEM Dialog textfield saved data auto complete / auto suggestion does not disappear on window scroll.

Level 2

Hi,

This might be a browser related issue but I thought I should still ask the community. I noticed this behavior on Chrome and Edge browsers, but not on Firefox. Auto complete / auto suggestion disappears on window scroll when using Firefox browser.

When authoring aem dialogs, when I click on any fields, auto complete / auto suggestion appears with values that were previously saved which is fine, but the issue is that when I scroll the window without selecting the suggested values or click away, this suggestion box doesn't disappear on window scroll. Any thoughts or solutions? Please see screenshots that may help you to understand what the issue is.

Your help is greatly appreciated! 
Thank you.

Screen Shot 2022-10-13 at 3.27.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-13 at 3.28.04 PM.png

6 Replies

Community Advisor

I feel this could be the issue/behavior with firefox not with AEM. Does a click inside the dialog make it disappear before you scroll down? 

Level 2

Thanks for you input @Saravanan_Dharmaraj. Yes, clicking inside and outside of the textfields before window scroll works. It's just when author forgets or does not click away, auto complete box scrolls with the window. You and @arunpatidar are correct, it seems like this is a browser issue, not AEM. Thank you again.

Level 3

Hi @jakdevmode 

Write one focusout event based on name attribute of that particular text field. It will call the event only when you click on that text filed.

Hope this will help. Happy coding

Level 2

@malay_dube thanks for you input! Yes, that could be a solution - i will keep that in mind. Thank you.

Level 2

@arunpatidar thank you for your input. You are right, this looks like a browser issues, not AEM. Thanks again.