Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Customizing aem core carousel component – Panel selection is not visible in authoring dialog

Level 4

We are customizing aem core carousel component, we have created a proxy component from where we doing resource supertype to core carousel v1 component. We want to override the markup of this component. But the issue is, when we override the markup, the “panel” selection option is not visible in the authoring dialog. I mean the panel icon after the first icon in the authoring dialog. Look at the screenshot. It looks like markup is tightly coupled with when panel selection visibility. Is there any way that we can override html and retain the panel selection option? What would be the bare minimum we need from the core carousel component to achieve this. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Core carousel - notice 2nd-panel icon (after ranch option)

image.png

2nd-panel icon not visible here

image.png 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@karanmahi If you want to write your own HTML, those things will not work so easily.. As of i know, those features are tightly coupled with html classes and data-* attributes.

Below are few clientlibs, you need have to make Childreneditor and PAnel select work along with HTML(classes and data-*).

childreneditor - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/childreneditor/v1/childreneditor
editor - /apps/core/wcm/components/carousel/v1/carousel/clientlibs/editor
editorhook - /apps/core/wcm/components/carousel/v1/carousel/clientlibs/editorhook
panelcontainer - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/clientlibs/panelcontainer
panelselect - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/clientlibs/panelselect

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@karanmahi If you want to write your own HTML, those things will not work so easily.. As of i know, those features are tightly coupled with html classes and data-* attributes.

Below are few clientlibs, you need have to make Childreneditor and PAnel select work along with HTML(classes and data-*).

childreneditor - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/dialog/childreneditor/v1/childreneditor
editor - /apps/core/wcm/components/carousel/v1/carousel/clientlibs/editor
editorhook - /apps/core/wcm/components/carousel/v1/carousel/clientlibs/editorhook
panelcontainer - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/clientlibs/panelcontainer
panelselect - /apps/core/wcm/components/commons/editor/clientlibs/panelselect

Level 4
@Shashi_Mulugu yea, i looked at these client libraries. Do you mean overriding these client libraries. If yes, on top of you head, do you know, which all bare minimum client libraries we need to override ?

Community Advisor

I customized tabs component, with cmp-tabs class and data-cmp-is attributes so ended up customizing, children editor, panel selector.js, with all new html, all js files..

Also you need to develop one servlet for add/delete/move in childreneditor

Level 1

If the carousel.html is overridden and customized in a project , the select panel option doesn't work.
In this case we need to make sure that the data attribute (panelContainer) is retained in the carousel.html from the core carousel component. And then the select panel option would appear for the custom carousel as well.

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 12.47.14 PM.png

Community Advisor

@arsahu - The "Select Panel" option will appear but it will not toggle to the corresponding element. Were you able to fix that issue as well ?