Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Customize omni search path to be more specific than /content/dam

Level 4

We have a requirement where our main contents are under - /content/dam/<site> and we have big chunk of assets on /content/dam/archive folder.

We are trying to figure out how we can customize the default behavior of the search so that it always checks under /content/dam/<site> and fetch results. Our users do not want to "Select Search Directory" option. I am not where I can find the overlay or if I could create smart collection and make it as a default.

We tried overlayng /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/customsearch/searchpredicates/pathbrowserpredicate/pathbrowserpredicate.jsp but that it is not picking up by default unless we change the "Select Search Directory" again.

Any idea or suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

My co-worker came up with an idea to overlay the /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/clientlibs/shell/js/omnisearch.js  and customized this javascript file for adjusting pathPredicate.value line 616. This has worked for us.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Thank you but the above option let us customize the "Assets Admin Search Rail". However my requirement is that in the top search panel itself, either I by default prefix the path predicate along with the "Location: Assets" or internally search only under the location - /content/dam/myrealcontents instead of /content/dam/archive.

I tried checking at - /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/omnisearch/overlay/overlay.jsp and /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin/treeRoot, /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin/search as well for updating the url but no luck yet .

I have used the example from - Extending Assets Search

Correct answer by
Level 4

My co-worker came up with an idea to overlay the /libs/granite/ui/components/shell/clientlibs/shell/js/omnisearch.js  and customized this javascript file for adjusting pathPredicate.value line 616. This has worked for us.