Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Customize DAM Admin Page

Level 3

Hi,

I want to customize DAM admin page so that just after upload of an assent and metadatas are created an alert will come that "metadata created".

Any kind of approach will help a lot.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

You need to copy nodes /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin to /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin and change sling:vanityOrder property value higher than ootb damadmin node

Under /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu you may see different nodes.  Under these nodes u see 3 nodes, in CRX you may see conditions property on each of these nodes.

You have to name a condition for your action here. Existing conditions defined on these nodes will be found in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin.Actions.js.

You need to copy files /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin*.js to /apps/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/ . Also look for any actions in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin*.js

You may see different actions defined in these files and condition calls at /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu.

You have to define the function which you mentioned at node /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

You need to copy nodes /libs/wcm/core/content/damadmin to /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin and change sling:vanityOrder property value higher than ootb damadmin node

Under /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu you may see different nodes.  Under these nodes u see 3 nodes, in CRX you may see conditions property on each of these nodes.

You have to name a condition for your action here. Existing conditions defined on these nodes will be found in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin.Actions.js.

You need to copy files /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/SiteAdmin*.js to /apps/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/ . Also look for any actions in /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/DamAdmin*.js

You may see different actions defined in these files and condition calls at /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu.

You have to define the function which you mentioned at node /apps/wcm/core/content/damadmin/actions/create/menu

Level 3

What type of alert are you excpecting to receive?

Level 3

I was trying to display alert just after CQ workflow creates metadata node after uploading anything in dam. But as its done through workflow so I guess its not possible. So as an alternative solution I want to create a column like publish that will display color after checking if some specific property exists of not. I can add that check as next step of CQ workflow for extraction of metadata. But I am stuck with how to create a column like publish ? I copied damadmin node and there I created one node. It created one extra column but value is displayed [object][object].

I need a little detailed guide on it. Please help.