Expand my Community achievements bar.

custom component is not coming in any pages

Level 4

Hi All,

We have a custom component called customheader component.

This customheader is called in all of my pages and coming fine in author instance.

But this customheader is not coming in any pages in my publish instance. But it is coming fine in querymode.

localhost:4503/content/product/testpage?a=1 

Please help me on this.

4 Replies

Level 10

If its coming fine in author and not in publish - this means that there are resources/files not part of pub. Make sure all files are deployed on Pub and also - check your pub error log. 

Level 4

Hi Sam,

Yes I saw in log file this entry is there. Where can I get this resources/files in publish? 

15.06.2016 03:12:14.309 *ERROR* [10.43.32.61 [1465974734276] GET /content/product/testpage/customheader.html HTTP/1.1] com.adobe.acs.commons.util.ResourceDataUtil Error creating the String representation for: /content/error.html -- {}
org.apache.sling.api.resource.ResourceNotFoundException: No resource found

Administrator

Hi 

Do you have some personalization implemented? As it is coming in Query mode, do you have some Target or any personalization implemented on Query parameters?

Some Quick check points:-

1.Did you deploy your code on the publish server as well? Have you deployed your template and components to the publish as well?
2. Ways to Publish code:- http://www.wemblog.com/2013/01/how-to-publish-code-component-in-cq.html

check on your publish on localhost:4503/sytem/console/requests the trace of the request, which does not work. This facility will indicate, if you have a problem with the sling resource resolution.

~kautuk Sahni

Kautuk Sahni