Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Custom asset metadata property for a particular application/dam-folder in AEM6.4?

Level 2

Hi All,

I'm using AEM6.4 and for a particular case I have to display custom information for assets under dam probably in list view(refer screenshot below) for a specific folder/application.

I have a couple of doubts also not sure if this is the best approach to implement it. Hence, seeking appropriate references.

I have introduced a custom property in the default schema(refer screenshot below).

• Challenge 01: Its applied across all application and I'm not sure if I can restrict it to a particular folder(application) in the dam as its done in default schema?
    • Challenge 02: Even if I create a new tab in the default schema can it be restricted only to an application/dam folder..?

Or Do I need to create a new schema itself I want to display custom properties on the home screen of list view(as in below image)?

If Yes, then need some reference. Can I make a copy of an existing/default schema and remove/add tabs according to my needs?

Also,

Please suggest If there's a better approach altogether to achieve the same?

1637985_pastedImage_0.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Metadata Schema doesn't add any custom property to asset. It just displays values from mapped existing properties at asset metadata page. So I don't think you can use Metadata Schema for adding/displaying custom properties.

Metadata Profiles can be used to create a new custom property(with default value) on all the assets in subtree of a folder.

However the scope of a metadata profile applied on a folder is all the assets in subtree not just child assets.

If you want to limit the scope  to a specific folder only(not it's subfolders) then it's tricky.

follow these steps to limit a profile to a specific folder only:

1. Create a new schema and add you custom property to it with some default value.

2. Apply it to specific folder.

3. Create a new profile and don't add any property to it.

4. Apply this profile to all the subfolders of the specified folder.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Thanks for the update..!

Alternatively, I was wondering If its possible to use the -'Status' field show for dam assets(refer image below) available in the default schema itself to overwrite with my custom status values..?

Hence, I don't need to create/updating any application-specific schema or property and rather would overwrite this existing field only programmatically for a particular application/dam-folder assets.

Please review and advise on this as well.

-Thanks In Advance

1638147_pastedImage_1.png

Level 2

Hi @smacdonald2008

Is there any update on this from your team..?

Regards,

Level 10

I still have not heard back from this team. I will keep trying here.

Level 2

Did you get any updates in this regard..?

-Regards,

Community Advisor

Hi Singh,

if understood correctly you want custom properties for you dam folder which should be should applied to specific folder.

If so you can actually create new metadata schema and apply that to specific folder where you require it

please find the below link for the same.

http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/create-metadata-schema-form-for-custom-mime-types/

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Metadata Schema doesn't add any custom property to asset. It just displays values from mapped existing properties at asset metadata page. So I don't think you can use Metadata Schema for adding/displaying custom properties.

Metadata Profiles can be used to create a new custom property(with default value) on all the assets in subtree of a folder.

However the scope of a metadata profile applied on a folder is all the assets in subtree not just child assets.

If you want to limit the scope  to a specific folder only(not it's subfolders) then it's tricky.

follow these steps to limit a profile to a specific folder only:

1. Create a new schema and add you custom property to it with some default value.

2. Apply it to specific folder.

3. Create a new profile and don't add any property to it.

4. Apply this profile to all the subfolders of the specified folder.