Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

CRXDE increase performance

Level 3

Hi,

The CRXDE is too slow to start it takes more than 30 minutes.

Can you please help me here to increase the performace i've done the below workaround.

1.    Every time i start the crxde i'll delete .crxde(C:\users) file from the system.

2.     Change the directory of the workspace

Below the text from CRXDE.ini file

-vmargs
-Xms256m
-Xmx768m
-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
-Dorg.eclipse.swt.internal.carbon.smallFonts

Here my doubt is that i've 4 GB Ram and 64 bit machine what would be the better number for maximum and minimum heap size also please let us know is there any workaround to increase the performace.

Please advice!!

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try this two

1. changing the cqde profile to exclude the '/etc' from the path may help (especially if you have a lot of workflow instances data). i.e from the property cqde:paths under /etc/crxde/profiles/default (then save all changes)
  2. turn off auto building and that might makes CRXDE load fast. File -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace, uncheck the "Build automatically" pref After the changes, exit & reopen crxde.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 1

I have excluded /etc in the path before - the problem with that approach is that in cases where the /etc/crxde/profiles/default/libs path has been supplemented with additional JARs, CRXDE's UI is no longer able to compile classes using those JARs so even though SCM can compile them, CRXDE highlights what it believes are errors in the UI.  

Unfortunately, in the CRXDE profile's path property, it appears impossible to include only subdirs of /etc/ without including the /etc root directory itself.  But there's another way around this problem.

The simple solution is to hide these paths from CRXDE by creating a new account (perhaps called crxde), assign all permissions to it, refresh the permissions, then deselect all privileges on the folders that are causing CRXDE to slow down.  In our case the culprit was /etc/tags since we store tens of thousands of tags in our JCR and use tagging extensively for linking content together.

Level 10

That is along time for it to start. Deleting .crxde is good to do as this file can cause CRXDE from starting. However, your issue may be hardware. I am using 8 GB of RAM and 64 bit. It starts fine for me. I will ask the Eng team if this is a known issue an if there are memory requirements for this tool. 

By the way - my ini settings are the same as what you listed. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Try this two

1. changing the cqde profile to exclude the '/etc' from the path may help (especially if you have a lot of workflow instances data). i.e from the property cqde:paths under /etc/crxde/profiles/default (then save all changes)
  2. turn off auto building and that might makes CRXDE load fast. File -> Preferences -> General -> Workspace, uncheck the "Build automatically" pref After the changes, exit & reopen crxde.