Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CRX2OAK repository migration

Employee

Team,

As part of client requirement, i am doing a POC on repository migration.I am using CRX2OAK.

And my requirement is to merge one content path from source to destination.

When i run the following command, it seems to be struck with creating File Store.

java -jar oak-upgrade-1.16.0.jar --include-paths=/content --merge-paths=/content/dam C:/Tools/new_cq5/crx-quickstart/repository C:/Tools/6.5/crx-quickstart/repository

Do you know how to resolve this?

05.09.2019 14:40:45.396 [main] *INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.SegmentNodeStore$SegmentNodeStoreBuilder - Creating segment node store SegmentNodeStoreBuilder{blobStore=org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.blob.LoopbackBlobStore@5e25a92e}

05.09.2019 14:40:45.433 [main] *INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.scheduler.LockBasedScheduler - Initializing SegmentNodeStore with the commitFairLock option enabled.

05.09.2019 14:40:45.473 [main] *INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.parser.DatastoreArguments - Destination blob store: LoopbackBlobStore

05.09.2019 14:40:45.482 [main] *INFO*  org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.segment.file.FileStore - Creating file store FileStoreBuilder{version=1.16.0, directory=C:\Tools\6.5\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore, blobStore=org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.upgrade.cli.blob.LoopbackBlobStore@4206a205, maxFileSize=256, segmentCacheSize=256, stringCacheSize=256, templateCacheSize=64, stringDeduplicationCacheSize=15000, templateDeduplicationCacheSize=3000, nodeDeduplicationCacheSize=1048576, memoryMapping=true, offHeapAccess=false, gcOptions=SegmentGCOptions{paused=false, estimationDisabled=false, gcSizeDeltaEstimation=1073741824, retryCount=5, forceTimeout=60, retainedGenerations=2, gcType=FULL}}

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

All,

Issue is resolved.

I did not shutdown source & target instances before running this.

That;s the reason.

once i brought down servers, migration works.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Employee

It looks like you are attempting to migrate assets. Assuming that your datastore is external (FDS) you need to specify source datastore and destination datastore, something like:

--src-datastore=crx-quickstart/repository/repository/datastore  --datastore=crx-quickstart/repository/datastore

more details available at Using the CRX2Oak Migration Tool

Employee

berliant​ Thanks.I added datastore parameters. Still, getting same behavior.

It is struck at FileDatastore creation

Employee

Did you verify the actual folders locations for source and destination path?

Employee

Yes.. I verified Source repository path, destination repo path, datastore path of source and destination etc.

Everything seems to be good.

But, not really sure why it is always struck at create file store log.

Level 4

Try matching the oak-upgrade jar [0] version to the target instance's oak version.

- Also what is the behaviour when --include-paths=/content/dam instead of /content?

[0]

Maven Repository: org.apache.jackrabbit » oak-upgrade

Employee

Tried.. Same result.

It is not processing beyond this line

05.09.2019 23:42:41.705 INFO   o.a.j.o.s.f.FileStore: Creating file store FileStoreBuilder{version=1.8.6, directory=C:\Tools\6.5\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore, blobStore=DataStore backed BlobStore [org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.OakFileDataStore], maxFileSize=256, segmentCacheSize=256, stringCacheSize=256, templateCacheSize=64, stringDeduplicationCacheSize=15000, templateDeduplicationCacheSize=3000, nodeDeduplicationCacheSize=1048576, memoryMapping=false, gcOptions=SegmentGCOptions{paused=false, estimationDisabled=false, gcSizeDeltaEstimation=1073741824, retryCount=5, forceTimeout=60, retainedGenerations=2, gcType=FULL}}

Any idea why it refers to C:\Tools\6.5\crx-quickstart\repository\segmentstore when it is trying to create fileStore? is it expected?

Employee

Try a command similar to:

java -jar oak-upgrade-1.10.4.jar /AEM_src/author/crx-quickstart/repository /AEM_dest/author/crx-quickstart/repository --include-paths=/content/my_site --merge-paths=/content/dam --src-datastore=/AEM_src/author/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore --datastore=/AEM_dest/author/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore

Employee Advisor

Hello Venkatesh,

- What is the source and destination AEM version?

- Are you trying to move the content between same AEM version instances?

- What kind of datastore are you using in source?

I used the following a command recently to migrate content from one 6.3 to another 6.3. This may help you:

java -Xmx2g -Dtar.memoryMapped=false -jar oak-upgrade-1.6.17.jar crx-quickstart/repository C:/Users/test/Documents/63target/crx-quickstart/repository --include-paths=/content --merge-paths=/content/dam --copy-versions=true --copy-orphaned-versions=false --copy-binaries  --src-datastore=crx-quickstart/repository/datastore --datastore=C:/Users/test/Documents/63target/crx-quickstart/repository/datastore  > migration.log

Regards,

Vishu

Employee

I am using 6.4.0 for both source and destination.

Still no luck.

Correct answer by
Employee

All,

Issue is resolved.

I did not shutdown source & target instances before running this.

That;s the reason.

once i brought down servers, migration works.