Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Creating a form user registration to Private (logged) Area vs Public (anonymous) content

Level 1
Hello Beautiful AEM Community,
How are you?

First of all, really sorry for the inconvenience but I have a problem to solve:

- I need to create a Website with Private Area + Public Area.

• The first step to access the private area is a registration form for external users.
  • After a user confirmation email created, this user has a user/jcr account (maybe?) to access the AEM instance on the Site Private Area.
  • The Public Area don't have any special requirement. You can access it as anonymous user.

What is the AEM best approach to do that?

TBH: - I really want to use the AEM users capabilities, so I don't want to create from scratch any authentication mechanism.

Additional info: - I already work with Liferay DX Custom Users Form regstration, same to the HCL DX local user table. This both DX Platform already have a kind of local user table to loggin to the portal, but I can't found any similar solution for AEM 6.5.

Please could someone help me?

Version: AEMaaMS (6.5)

Cloud Manager

Best regards,

Marande
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @marande 

• The first step to access the private area is a registration form for external users. The content can be restricted in AEM using Closed User Group(CUG) . A form component(or AEM core form component) can be create in AEM to register user and store user information in AEM Publish and sync that to other publish instances
  • After a user confirmation email created, this user has a user/jcr account (maybe?) to access the AEM instance on the Site Private Area. An Email can be send using AEM Email services or custom Email e.g. https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2019/06/aem-custom-templated-email.html and once user confirmation is done, user will be added to the CUG Group(which has restricted content access) 
  • The Public Area don't have any special requirement. You can access it as anonymous user. This will work as it is if you don't add any CUG groups

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @marande 

• The first step to access the private area is a registration form for external users. The content can be restricted in AEM using Closed User Group(CUG) . A form component(or AEM core form component) can be create in AEM to register user and store user information in AEM Publish and sync that to other publish instances
  • After a user confirmation email created, this user has a user/jcr account (maybe?) to access the AEM instance on the Site Private Area. An Email can be send using AEM Email services or custom Email e.g. https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2019/06/aem-custom-templated-email.html and once user confirmation is done, user will be added to the CUG Group(which has restricted content access) 
  • The Public Area don't have any special requirement. You can access it as anonymous user. This will work as it is if you don't add any CUG groups

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks a lot for your reply.

¡I'll work on it! Looks like preety good solution