Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Create service user using netcentric script

Level 5

What is the syntax to create service user in AEMaaCS using netcentric script?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @goyalkritika,

Syntax is the same like for a normal user. You only have to add isSystemUser property in your script to indicate that particular user is system user, here is link to documentation:

And simple example:

- user_config:
    - sample-service-user:
        - path: /home/users/system
          isMemberOf: administrators
          isSystemUser: true

Above code will create system user named sample-system-user, and assign it to administrators group.

Level 5

Okay. And the service user will be having permissions just like administrators group, right? What if I don't want to assign the service user to any group and want to assign specific permissions to it?

Community Advisor

Hello @goyalkritika 

You can assign permissions to Service user just like a normal user.

Only for creating it, you need to add additional param

Aanchal Sikka

Level 5

I added the script and deployed it to my dev instance. But no user got created under the specified path.

goyalkritika_0-1696048036986.png

What am I doing wrong here? Why service user was not created under /home/users/system?

Community Advisor

Hello @goyalkritika 

Requesting you to please check following:

• The YAML files should only contain spaces no tabs.
  • Check for Netcentric specific logs on server
  • Go to Security > Netcentric Tool 
    • Execute the script
    • Check the generated logs

Aanchal Sikka

Level 5

All of this looks fine. I'm thinking this issue has something to do with AC tool configuration in cloud instance. Are you aware of any documentation or article that explains the same?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Administrator

@goyalkritika  Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni