Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Create button isnt visible to create collection

Level 8

Hi,

I have enabled the permissions for collections(content/dam/collections) even after that the create button isnt visible

Vani1012_0-1677510583276.png

Vani1012_2-1677510660859.png

As I checked on other environments there I can see the create button, but in uat environment I am not able to see that create button.Kindly help me to fix this

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

To enable the members to share collections with other users, provide the dam-users group read permissions at the path home/users. Give permission to the users at /content/dam/collections location to allow the users to view the Collections in pop up lists. Alternatively, make the user a part of dam-users group.

Ref:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/managing/managing-collections-t...

Thanks

Himanshu Jain

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

@Vani1012  Do you see any errors in backend or console?
and I believe you are part of dam-users group and permissions have been given to group

Level 8

Are you talking about this dam-users group, if yes I am not part of this group on both environments but I am able to see the create button in one of the environment and I dont see any error in the console.

And also For that group permissions are enabled.

Vani1012_0-1677513768349.png

Also I have enabled permissions for home/users in authors group

Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

As you were mentioning about UAT, as it's considered a replica of Prod,

can you check

• if you have the required access to that particular node?
  • Compare your access with someone who doesn't have an issue
  • any error in the log

Hope it helps!

Thanks,
Kiran Vedantam.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @Vani1012 

To enable the members to share collections with other users, provide the dam-users group read permissions at the path home/users. Give permission to the users at /content/dam/collections location to allow the users to view the Collections in pop up lists. Alternatively, make the user a part of dam-users group.

Ref:https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-64/assets/managing/managing-collections-t...

Thanks

Himanshu Jain