Expandir la barra de logros de la comunidad.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create AEM Project Structure using Lazybones

Employee

Adobe is recommending its customers to create AEM project structure using Lazybones instead of traditional Maven archetype 10. As when we create a aem project using Maven archetype it is not easy to customize, it provides lots of sample content and packages like test, launcher. Which might not be required for your project, on contrary lazybones bones is very interactive , flexible and easy to customize according to your project need. Adobe consulting Services (ACS) provides a aem multi module template using which you can create AEM projects, which includes lot of default config options and also provides an option to include the ACS commons package as a sub package.

The aim of this tutorial is to learn what is lazybones and how we can use it to create an aem skeleton project structure, as Adobe consulting Services (ACS) has updated the template version and provided the support for AEM 6.3 also i am going to create project structure for AEM 6.3, for learning i am using windows machine so we are going to install lazybones on windows, but you can install it on linux and other operating systems also.

• Lazybones Overview.
  • Install Lazybones.
  • Create Project Structure using Lazybones.
  • Import Generated AEM Project to Eclipse

Read more at  http://www.aemcq5tutorials.com/tutorials/create-aem-project-structure-using-lazybones/

15 Respuestas

Administrator

Excellent article!!

Kautuk Sahni

Level 9

Lazybone concept is nice idea. it comes with many features. however, it fits more with gradle & groovy.

Level 4

Hi Jitendra,

Can you please elaborate all the features for using Lazybones. Actually we are thinking to move our project from Maven archetype structure to lazybones.

Thanks

Sahil garg

Level 10

Best place to get lazybones for AEM information

https://github.com/Adobe-Consulting-Services/lazybones-aem-templates

Level 8

Hi Ankur,

Thank you for sharing this.

Level 10

Here is HELPX Lazybone article - that covers additional concepts such as workign with the template editor, new 6.3 policies, etc. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_lazybones.html

Level 3

Hi,

I have downloaded the lazybones – lazybones-0.8.3 and used the command :
lazybones create aem-multimodule-project aemtraining
and
receive the response as below:
Creating project from template aem-multimodule-project (latest) in ‘aemtraining’
(Offline mode – run with -v or –stacktrace to find out why)

Cannot create a new project when the template isn’t locally cached or no version is specified

Could you please point me to a probable reason ?

Thanks in advance !
– Hemant Bellani

Level 10

I just tested and it worked-

ALazybone.png

One reason is it may not have been setup properly. See this article for setup instructions:

Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using Lazybones

Level 3

Thanks smacdonald2008​ .

I will re-check the steps i did for my setup and come back with any further questions.

smacdonald2008​ - my issue was resolved. The issue seemed to be due to a restriction of organizational firewall blocking the access to the template repository, I was able to proceed from a personal connection to internet outside or organizational firewall.

Thanks,

Hemant

Level 10

I am glad to hear it was resolved.

Level 1

Seeing the same caching issue message during creation. I have gone through all of the posts and verified the installation. Tried with and without version number.

C:\Users\I268209>lazybones create aem-multimodule-project 0.0.1 aemtraining

Creating project from template aem-multimodule-project 0.0.1 in 'aemtraining'

Unexpected failure: Connection reset

Cannot create a new project when the template isn't locally cached or no version is specified

Level 4

Facing the same issue.

Level 1

Are you able to resolve the issue .please let me know

Level 5

Hi,

I used https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_lazybones.html

and it worked fine for me. Though I got few errors while installing SDKMAN.

Firstly, I got errors for bash and curl command not found. I used git bash window to resolve this.

Secondly, I got error for zip not found while installing SDKMAN. I copied zip.exe and bzip2.dll in /git/user/bin and it worked

Could anyone share link how to configure dispatcher in project created using Lazybones. It will be very helpful.

Thanks

Love Sharma