Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ5 Restrict metadata activation

Level 2

Hi,

I have a requirement to restrict the meta data info of a page to be restricted from published while a page i activated in CQ5.5.

For ex:i If I'm activating a page test/html, it replicates the metadata such as user info browser details. Do we have an option to restrict it.

Thanks

MSR

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC there is no chance to limit properties from being replicated. If the only reuqirement is not to display them at all, but they can be available on publish, you can use wildcard ACLs (on publish) to restrict read access to them. But then you have these properties on publish, but you just cannot display them.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

According to the documentation:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/page-authoring/publishing-pages.html

there is no option to exclude metadata when publishing pages. 

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

IIRC there is no chance to limit properties from being replicated. If the only reuqirement is not to display them at all, but they can be available on publish, you can use wildcard ACLs (on publish) to restrict read access to them. But then you have these properties on publish, but you just cannot display them.

kind regards,
Jörg

Employee Advisor

Hi Sham,
I am not aware that there is a possibility to build a custom content builder which creates the same payload format as the default ones (Durbo).

Kind regards,
Jörg