Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

CQ5 Externalizer and Mod rewritter - automatic author/publish absolute links for setting the Image src.

Level 6

Hi guys,

How to Rewrite Adobe CQ Image src attribute from relative to obsolete. either by using the link Externalizer or by Mod re-writter. This is urgent.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Got it. I think, The Externalizer service is the right choice to change image src from relative to absolute path. And, you might have to implement externalize service in many components (wherever you have an image).

If you don't want to do this, another option could be Sling Rewriter. Which takes a whole html as input and produce expected html. For more details, go through below docs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-link-rewrite.html

--

Jitendra

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

Is there any specific reason to use Externalizer or Mod re-writer for the image path?.  

Do you want to digital assets to point to some other server?. If Yes, Externalizer could be a good option. 

Jitendra

dragon2A wrote...

Hi guys,

How to Rewrite Adobe CQ Image src attribute from relative to obsolete. either by using the link Externalizer or by Mod re-writter. This is urgent.

Thanks in Advance.

Level 6

My Need is to display the Image src from relative to obsolete path. We are going to use DAM only.  

How can I change Image src from relative to obsolete path .

Correct answer by
Level 9

Got it. I think, The Externalizer service is the right choice to change image src from relative to absolute path. And, you might have to implement externalize service in many components (wherever you have an image).

If you don't want to do this, another option could be Sling Rewriter. Which takes a whole html as input and produce expected html. For more details, go through below docs.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/creating-link-rewrite.html

--

Jitendra